Skincare ampoules are potent treatments designed to deliver targeted ingredients directly to the skin. Housed in environmentally-protective packaging with optimal concentrations of active ingredients, they can enhance any skincare regimen. The reassuring aspect of using ampoules is that the formulation remains as close to the manufactured condition as when first opened or used. Ampoules are typically housed in small vials, either for single use or multi-dose, ensuring ingredient freshness and efficacy.
Type of skincare ampoules
- Hydration Ampoules
- Brightening Ampoules
- Anti-Aging Ampoules
- Smoothing Ampoules
- Firming and Lifting Ampoules
Treatment tips that can help you incorporate Ampoules into your routine
- They generally allow for 1-3 uses per ampoule unit before the glass unit can be discarded (we always encourage recycling).
- Take extra care when opening an ampoule, following the manufacturer’s usage instructions carefully.
- Always store in a cool, dry place that is out of reach of children and other products or items.
- Apply ampoules to freshly cleansed and toned skin if you use a toner.
- Use the recommended amount mentioned on the product packaging to avoid overuse and wastage.
- Gently pat or press the ampoule onto your skin using clean fingertips.
- Apply lighter textures before heavier ones.
- Incorporate ampoules into your routine based on the suggested frequency.
- Some ampoules might increase sun sensitivity so it’s important to apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen during the day.
- You can use ampoules as a short-term intensive treatment when your skin needs an extra boost or specific targeted care.
Skincare ingredients commonly found in Ampoules
- Vitamin C
- Tranexamic Acid
- Phytic Acid
- Glycolic Acid
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Growth Factors
Leading Ampoules for Specific Skin Concerns
These ampoules generally contain a blend of active ingredients that work synergistically to fade existing dark marks and prevent the formation of new ones. Dr Webster recommends:
Early Ageing, Fine Lines:
Ampoules designed to address early signs of ageing and fine lines are formulated with potent ingredients to promote skin firmness, elasticity, and a smoother complexion. Dr Webster recommends:
Mature, Sun Damaged:
Specialised ampoules for mature and sun-damaged skin provide powerful remedies for the unique requirements of aged and sun-exposed skin. They contain a blend of revitalising and restorative elements that aim to renew the skin’s vibrancy, resilience, and luminosity. Dr Webster recommends:
Ampoules designed for oily, acne-prone skin offer targeted solutions to address excess oil production and acne-related concerns like dark marks. Dr Webster recommends: